Over the years, a lot of excellent shows have been overshadowed by their more well-known competitors. Besides they may have been ahead of their time, their material may not have resonated with a bigger audience.
Here are three tv series that we think watching them might worth your time:
3 – THE MINIATURIST
In a third place comes:
The 2017 miniseries “The Miniaturist” is based on the successful book by Jessie Burton. So, the play, which is set in 17th-century Amsterdam, has eye-catching Victorian gothic imagery. The stage design, stunning costumes, and cinematography work together flawlessly. Young country girl Nella weds wealthy businessman Johannes. Therefore, in a traditional society, a lovely young woman is similar to a wealthy man. So it appears that both parties get a good deal.
In order to save the family fortunes, teenager Petronella “Nella” Oortman chooses to wed wealthy businessman Johannes Brandt in 1686. She then travels to Amsterdam to live with him, his devout, austere sister Marin, and their maids Cornelia and Otto.
Also the cast:
- Anya Taylor-Joy as Petronella “Nella” Brandt
- Romola Garai as Marin Brandt
- Alex Hassell as Johannes Brandt
- Hayley Squires as Cornelia, Johannes’s servant
- Paapa Essiedu as Otto
- Emily Berrington as The Miniaturist
- Geoffrey Streatfeild as Frans Meermans
- last, Aislín McGuckin as Agnes Meermans
2 – BATE’S MOTEL
For the second place:
A sequel to Hitchcock’s iconic “Psycho,” Bate’s Motel is a psychological horror television series. In contrast to the original, and it centers on the life of teenager Norman and his mother Norma in the 21st century (set in the 60s).
After the death of her husband, Norma Bates buys a motel in the picturesque coastal town of White Pine Bay, giving herself and teenage son Norman a chance to begin anew.
Also the cast:
- Freddie Highmore as Norman Bates
- Vera Farmiga as Norma Louise Bates
- Nicola Peltz as Bradley Martin
- Max Thieriot as Dylan Massett
- Olivia Cooke as Emma Decody
- Néstor Carbonell as Sheriff Alex Romero
- Kenny Johnson as Caleb Calhoun
- last, Rihanna as Marion Crane
1 – HANNIBAL
Finally comes the first:
Will Graham and Dr. Hannibal Lecter from Thomas Harris’ books Red Dragon (1981), Hannibal (1999). Not only but also Hannibal Rising served as the inspiration for the character of Hannibal (2006). So, The Danish actor Mads Mikkelsen plays Dr. Hannibal Lecter in the television series.
Seven years have passed since Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins) escaped from custody. The doctor is now at large in Europe. So, Mason Verger (Gary Oldman) remembers Lecter too, and is obsessed with revenge. Verger was Dr. Lecter’s sixth victim, and though horribly disfigured, has survived. Besides Verger realizes that to draw the doctor into the open. Then he must use someone as bait: Clarice Starling (Julianne Moore).
Also the cast:
- Hugh Dancy as Will Graham
- Mads Mikkelsen as Dr. Hannibal Lecter
- Laurence Fishburne as Dr. Jack Crawford
- Aaron Abrams as Brian Zeller
- Caroline Dhavernas as Dr. Alana Bloom
- Scott Thompsonn as Jimmy Price
- Gillian Anderson as Bedelia Du Maurier
- Tao Okamoto as Chiyoh
- last, Hettienne Park as Beverly Katz
Therefore, other posts: